Total # of MLS Listings [July] = 1505
Total # of Sales [July] = 519
Number of Active Listings for Sale in Newfoundland = 5984
Numbers are based on both residential and commercial listings/sales
Here is a break down by area for July:
St. John’s Real Estate: Listings = 248 Sales = 114
Sales/Listings Ratio = 46%
Average sale price for a home in St. John’s: $343,617 for the month of July and the 12 month average $342,138
Mount Pearl Real Estate: Listings = 44 Sales = 22
Sales/Listings Ratio = 50%
Average Sale Price (12 month average): $294,849
Paradise Real Estate: Listings = 68 Sales = 25
Sales/Listings Ratio =39%
Average Sale Price (12 month average): $353,699
East Extern: Listings = 69 Sales = 25
Sales/Listings Ratio = 36%
Average Sale Price (12 month average): $390,716
Conception Bay South: Listings = 76 Sales = 39
Sales/Listings Ratio = 51%
Average Sale Price (12 month average): $304,930
A BRIGUS BARGAIN! Spring cleaning all done! This comfy two storey summer home is all ready for new owners to enjoy. There are four bedrooms in this older character home to accommodate lots of family and friends and it has a large country kitchen . The grounds have lots of mature trees . It is on municipal services and only a few minutes walk to the ocean, Hawthorn Cottage and Water St., Brigus. 26 Irishtown Road is ready for immediate occupancy and fully furnished. Enjoy the famous Blueberry Festival from the comfort of your own beautiful surroundings in Brigus. New Torched on roof in April 2012. Has to be seen to be truly appreciated! Call or email Fraser or Stephen Winters for more information. MLS: 1102377
Asking price: $129,900
For the St. John’s real estate market, starts for the first quarter of 2013 were 176. 133 of which was single detached. Total starts declined 38.7% with only a 6.3% decline for single detached.The average MLS price for a home in the St. John’s Real Estate Market was $309,551 for the first quarter of this year. This is an increase of 4.3% from last year’s first quarter. MLS sales have decreased by 34.1% comparing the two quarters.
Below are some snippets from CMHC’s Housing Market Outlook – Atlantic Region
- Housing starts in Atlantic Canada increased close to 33 per cent in the first quarter as a result of a significant rise in multiple starts. Single starts were down close to 24 per cent.
- Three of the four Atlantic provinces increased starts. Newfoundland was the lone decliner of new home starts
- Residential home starts declined 26% for Newfoundland
- Housing starts in Atlantic Canada are expected to fall about 11% for 2013 and a further 6% for 2014
- Multiple starts to fall 17% for 2013 and 12% for 2014 for the Atlantic provinces
- MLS® prices in the first quarter of 2013 were up close to three per cent. The full-year forecast for 2013 is for an increase of two per cent with a further 2.3 per cent rise expected in 2014.
- Sale were down close to 13% for the first quarter 2013
- Newfoundland will have the best economic performance in Atlantic Canada in 2013 and 2014 in terms of GDP growth. 2.5% for 2013 and 1.5% growth in 2014.
If you are looking for an ocean view house for sale in Newfoundland, approx 1 hour and 20 mins from St. John`s this is it! Located on the scenic Irish Loop in Point La Haye Newfoundland, this large 4 bedroom ranch style bungalow sits on approx 3/4 of an acre with panoramic view of the ocean. This property comes fully furnished. Large kitchen with lots of cupboard space and adjacent formal dining room with built in china cabinet. The formal living room is spacious and is equipped with an electric fireplace. There is a cozy family room perfect for relaxing. The best room in the house – the sun room.Approximately 17 feet long with almost as many windows giving you a panoramic view of the ocean. Eat your dinner while watching the sun set, relax with a book or sit back and enjoy the picturesque views. There are 2 separate wrap around decks that almost surround the entire house. Fully landscaped with very well maintained park like grounds. If you are looking for a home away from home with complete privacy this is it! Near golf courses, salmon rivers, hiking trails and moose hunting. Timbercove Road. Asking Price is
$237,900. REDUCED: $229,900 MLS: 175340
CMHC released their MLS TRENDS for Eastern Newfoundland Labrador. Below is the quick outline of the report.
- There were 1,288 new residential listings during the fourth quarter compared to 1,215 during the same period in 2010
- Active listings or inventory averaged 1,656 a month from October to December versus 1,597 a month during Q4 of 2010
- The sales-to-active listings ratio indicated market conditions were improving when 20% of listings sold in October, 21% in November and 23% in December, and averaged 21.5% during the quarter versus a much lower 18% in the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Active residential listings or inventory increased 3.7% during the fourth quarter
- Active listings for October, November and December were 1,861, 1,770 and 1,337, respectively
- The small rise in inventory, combined with the large sales increase, resulted in market conditions moving towards a more balanced market towards the end of the fourth quarter
- MLS® sales jumped 26% to 1,058 compared to 2010’s fourth quarter sales of 839
- October, November and December MLS® sales were 375, 374 and 309, respectively
- Fourth quarter average MLS® residential house price climbed 7% to $275,488 compared to $257,481 during the fourth quarter of 2010 and averaged $268,608 during 2011.
Average price of real estate in St. John’s has increased slightly again this month. Average price of a home in St. John’s is hovering around $288,000. For most of the year listings have been on the increase and sales at a decrease but we are starting to see a shift in the market now. Listings are slowly decreasing and sales are starting to pick up. We are up 11% this month compared to 2010 but there is virtually no change on a year to date perspective. There are lots of buyers in the market place and we are still classified as being in a “buyers market” according to CMHC. Average sales price for a home in Newfoundland is now $248,678 up from the mid 230’s from last year. The bulk of the sales are in the 260k to 350k price range. Expired listings are up still from last year, by 25% Contact us for a free market evaluation on your home.
Total # of MLS Listings [October] = 813 (based on residential stats)
Total # of Sales [October] = 514
Number of Active Listings in the NLAR MLS System (ALL of Newfoundland) = 3778
Here is a break down by area for the month of October
St. John’s Real Estate: Listings = 162 Sales = 102 Sales/Listings Ratio = 63%
Average sale price for a home in St. John’s: $296,165 for the month of October and the 12 month average $288,291
Mount Pearl Real Estate: Listings = 30 Sales = 25 Sales/Listings Ratio = 83%
Average Sale Price (12 month average): $262,379
Paradise Real Estate: Listings =59 Sales = 40 Sales/Listings Ratio =68%
Average Sale Price (12 month average): $318,443
East Extern Real Estate: Listings = 45 Sales = 26 Sales/Listings Ratio = 58%
Average Sale Price (12 month average): $309,886
Conception Bay South Real Estate: Listings = 48 Sales = 31 Sales/Listings Ratio = 65%
Average Sale Price (12 month average): $270,910